Cabot takes privacy very seriously. The following privacy statement sets out, in relation to this Website, what sort of information we collect and hold about you, how that information is collected, how we use that information and how that information can be corrected and/or updated.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement please contact email@example.com in the first instance.
What personally identifiable information do we collect about you?
We only collect limited information about any user on the Website. We collect, for example, some personal information to allow you to use the Website or use the specific online services provided and this will depend on which services you access and use. Typically we may collect, but is not limited to, the following information about you:
- Any personal information you submit via this Website;
- Any personal information you submit when applying for any vacancy with Cabot.
- Any personal information you submit to access any part of the Media Centre.
How do we use your information?
Your information is stored securely on our database for as long as it is necessary in order to:
- Provide access to the Website services;
- Understand the service that we provide to you in order to evaluate and improve our services;
- Monitor your usage of the website, which may include, but not limited to, how many time you visit the Website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider;
- Undertake statistical analysis
- Provide access to the Media Centre; and
- Consider any employment applications you submit. This information will be used for any purposes necessary in relation to the recruitment and employment process and you will be advised of such use in more detail when you submit your application and also during the process.
Will we share your information?
We may also use and/or pass your details on to any person within the Group or a third party for the following purposes:
- If we sell any part of the business and/or integrate it with another, or dispose of any rights relating to you, your details may be disclosed, subject to strict confidentiality undertakings, to our advisers and those of prospective purchasers. It will be passed on to any new owners of the business to be used in the same or similar way as set out in this data protection policy.
- We may also disclose information if we have (or believe we have) a duty to do so, or the law allows us to.
- Apart from the above exceptions we will not disclose any information on to other commercial organisations that could allow you to be personally identified, unless we have a strict obligation to do so.
Marketing and opting out
Unless you have asked us not to do so, we may contact you by e-mail, telephone, fax or letter about any of our services which may be of interest to you. We may share your personal data with organisations in our Group. If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by contacting us.
How can I update, correct or delete my information?
You can email Cabot by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org] or alternatively you can send your request in writing to us at our head office. Please see below for the head office address details.
How do we protect your personal information?
We have appropriate technological and operational procedures in place to protect your information from any loss, misuse, alteration or destruction and all persons within the Group are subject to strict obligations of confidentiality. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected. To help protect your personal data and minimise the risk of it being intercepted by third parties. However we cannot guarantee the security or the integrity of information which you send on-line. In particular you should not use email to send confidential or sensitive information. Please also refer to our terms and conditions.
- Google Analytics, such as analysing the traffic to the Website and to speed up access to the website ; and
- Allow the website to operate on the PHP Framework
We will ask you on the homepage whether you want us to place a cookie on your computer. The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However, you can also manually change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org.
Any cookies placed by us shall not store or collect any personal identifiable information.
Links to other websites
For how long will we keep your personal information on file?
Access to your information and question about our privacy practices
You have a right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to ask what information we hold about you.
You can do this by writing to us at:
Attn: Data Controller, Cabot Credit Management Limited, 1 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UA, and enclosing a £10 fee and sufficient evidence for us to identify you (i.e. copy of passport, signature and address).